Positron emission tomography is a modern diagnostic method that helps identify a pathology, differentiate a tumor and evaluate its dynamics by monitoring biochemical changes in tissues during treatment. The method is based on the use of minimal, safe doses of radiopharmaceuticals.
“Cyclone® KIUBE was developed by IBA in 2016. It has the highest beam current on the market of 300 µA and energy of 18 MeV. The cyclotron provides radioisotopes of the maximum activity and has the highest production capacity ever reached by a PET cyclotron. IBA concentrated 30 years of experience and innovation in the new Cyclone® KIUBE that delivers outstanding performances”, explains Mr. Jean-Michel Geets, IBA product manager.
In comparison with market standards, Cyclone® KIUBE is compact and has a wide range of upgrade options for its performance increase. The cyclotron has a unique technology for Ga-68 isotope production, which is necessary for the diagnosis of prostate cancer and other neoplasms.
Medical Institute St. Petersburg will be one of the first sites to benefit of this new technology.
“This new-generation cyclotron will give us the opportunity to expand the range of radiopharmaceuticals and cover the needs of all the three our PET/CT diagnostic centers in St. Petersburg”, said Mr. Arkady Stolpner, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Dr. Berezin Medical Institute.
The event was attended by:
- Mr. Hans Timbremont, Consul General of Belgium in St. Petersburg;
- Mr. Gerard Seghers, Economic and Commercial Counselor of the Embassy of Belgium;
- Mr. Nikolay Tsed, Head of Primorsky District Administration;
- Mr. Oliver Holderbaum, Head of Global Sales, IBA Radiopharma Solutions;
- Mr. Kirill Makarenko, General Director of IBA Russia & CIS;
- Mr. Arkady Stolpner, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Dr. Berezin Medical Institute;
- Mr. Pavel Borisenko, Deputy Chairman of the Committee on Investments of St. Petersburg;